Sunday 3 August 2014

From London to Miami with Virgin Atlantic

Zee here...

On Saturday the 26th July I travelled to the USA for the first time and it was also my first time flying with Virgin Atlantic. I would definitely recommend this airline to everyone as the service was incredible! I am a very nervous flyer so for me booking a holiday and getting onto a plane is a big deal but using Virgin again would help reassure me that I am in safe hands even if I don't like flying. 


The Virgin Atlantic section in Terminal 3 at London Heathrow looked classy with simple sophisticated branding dotted around. But for me the thing which helped show that area was for Virgin Atlantic flyers was the staff in their red uniforms. I instantly recognised that these people worked for Virgin, especially when the air hostesses came through. You can see how powerful Virgin Atlantic is as a brand and how successful their advertising is as I could tell all of this as a complete newbie to the airline!

I had a slight hiccup when I got to the boarding gate as I was picked for a spot security check and ended up finding  out that I had left my camera battery in my case which meant they had to confiscate my camera as I couldn't prove the device turned on. At the time this was extremely upsetting for me as photography is my passion and it was my lovely huge Nikon camera, it also didn't help that I was already upset about getting on the plane. However I know this was my fault and the staff were lovely as they already knew I was panicking about the flight before this.



When boarding  the plane we made them aware of my fear and they couldn't have been nicer, reassuring me and offering to answer any questions I have about noises etc. I was lucky enough to be on a Boeing 747, the biggest plane I've ever been on, and even better it was called Mustang Sally! I loved that Virgin used fun names for their planes it just adds to the great brand! The take off was smooth and once in the air I relaxed to enjoy the ride!

Once in the air the air hostesses bought round little packs of sour cream & chive pretzels which are my favourite so that went down well with me. I'm quite fussy with meat and when going away I'm always conscious about getting food poisoning while travelling (I get that from my mother ha!) so I opted for the vegetarian option. When I saw the menu with Beef Chilli with Rice and Nachos or Chicken in Mustard Sauce with Potatoes I felt a pang of jealousy as my boyfriend hadn't opted for vegetarian but when my dinner came I wasn't jealous anymore. I had a chickpea curry with spinach and rice - I could have eaten another one it was sooooooooooo yummy!! I've never had plane food like this before, it was as good as restaurant food! For pudding we also got a small passion fruit flavoured Gu pot which was delicious! A few hours later the air stewardesses also bought round mini Fab ice lollies for everyone which was a lovely treat that went down well with everyone on the plane! When we said we were surprised to get ice lollies they replied we like to think of different things that will be a nice surprise for you - which is so nice!!




Another thing that impressed me was the huge selection of movies, tv shows, music and games they had on the plane. I settled down to watch Frozen (one of my favourite films) as soon as we were up and throughout the journey I could see loads and loads of screens with this on! I  also watched The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Anchorman 2 but I did struggle with all the great selection on offer!

All in all this was a great flight which was many enjoyable and comfortable by Virgin Atlanti, even with my fear of flying I'm still looking forward to our return flight on Saturday 9th August!

X

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zee and B, your posts are really lovely! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, it's a fun way to meet other bloggers and to promote your blog. Have a look at my blog for more information and to see your questions. pink-pixiedoll.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete