Thursday 10 July 2014

Nando's Chicken Chilli Wrap

Zee here...

I used to go to Nando's regularly when I was in sixth form (all those years ago!) but have rarely been since then. Last Friday my work decided to eat at Nando's before catching the Brazil vs Columbia football match and I now realise I've been missing out! 

I chose the Chicken Chilli Wrap, cooked at the lemon and herb spice level as I'm not very brave spice. I was struggling to decide between chips or rice as my side - the age old 'do I treat myself to chips or be healthy and have rice' issue. As you can see in the picture I ended up treating myself to chips adding the peri peri salt for an extra 10p!


The wrap had some delicious chilli jam in which worked well with the lemon and herb spice of the chicken. I also like how easy the wrap is to eat as I used to always get the chicken burger and then struggle with all the filling falling out. It seems a bit strange having to pay 10p for peri peri salt on your chips but it was so worth it - someone's even told me you can buy a pot of Nando's peri peri salt from supermarkets to have at home so I'm now on the look out for it!

Another great thing about Nando's is that it does 'Bottomless' soft drinks! As we went straight after a long day at work I was thirsty but then I also added some Garlic Peri Peri sauce to my plate which had a bit of a kick so the bottomless drinks were heaven. I must of gone up for refills 5 or 6 times so I definitely got my money's worth! And we all know its good for your skin to keep hydrated so you'd be silly not take advantage of the refills.

All in all this was a bargain meal out at £10.85 including the bottomless drink! And one of the best things about Nando's is you can all easily pay separately so when you've finished your meal there isn't the hassle or awkward moment when you all have to divide up the bill. I picked up a bonus card when I ordered as I plan on going back lots more now!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment