Sunday 6 July 2014

The King's Head Pub in Staplehurst, Kent

Last Sunday I went to visit my lovely granddad in the village where he lives, Staplehurst. To my delight he insisted that we went to The King's Head which does the best pub food and the portions are always huge!

One of the great things about The King's Head in Staplehurst is that the majority of it's main meals are on a 2 for £12 offer. In my mind it's superb value that a proper English pub does such a good value meal deal. As you can see from the photo below the pub has a lovely homey feel to it and the hops wrapped around the timber helps to enhance the local British feel! There were a load of England flags up but this was only for the World Cup. 

I've been to this pub quite a few times now and I always seem to manage to try something new. I was considering they're chicken fajitas but I ended up choosing the Chicken Carbonara which had a creamy white wine and garlic sauce with garlic bread on the side. This was a bargain for only £6 in their deal or £6.75 by itself! I really struggled to clear my plate because the portion was just so big but it tasted so good I couldn't stand wasting any. 


I wasn't going to have a dessert as I was way too full but as per usual my grandad went ahead and ordered me one anyway. He chose the Toffee Pavlova Sundae for us both as in his eyes ice cream is a light desert so would be easy to eat when you're already full. It was massive!!! But it was incredible - I ate it all so fast! It had bits of toffee crisp mixed in with ice cream, meringue, cream and toffee sauce! 


I love it at The King's Head and it's become a tradition to go there each time I visit my grandad! The people are lovely and friendly when serving you and the food is out of the world! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment