Sunday 22 June 2014

A Tasty Healthy Salad For Summer

Zee here...

It's that time of year where everyone is trying to lose weight but struggles to find a tasty way to do so. I have managed to make a salad which is healthy but most importantly it tastes good and is filling!! 

My salad consists of iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, 1/3 of a tin of mixed beans and reduced fat houmus. Another bonus is that it's reasonably cheap to make as a 49p lettuce from tescos and a 65p tin of mixed beans will last 3 lunches and I only use about 10 cherry tomatoes! The reduced fat houmus comes in a large pot for £1 or 2 for £1.80 and this will last about 9 or more lunches as you only need a large tablespoon of it on the side of your salad to act as a dressing. As the mixed beans come in juice I tend to drain these off and rinse them with water to remove any additional salt or sugars. 


The salad is really light which means there's no bloating, leaving you feeling healthy and happy! Adding mixed beans and houmus to the salad provides you with protein and something subtainial to keep you full up for longer! The beans alone help to flavour the salad nicely but I like to add the houmus too! 

I have now started having this salad everyday for lunch for the past 2/3 weeks and I'm still not bored of it! When I eat it at 1:30 I can last until dinner at 6:30 usually without any snacks. If I do end up snacking I tend to have an apple around 4 but this is for an energy boost as it's healthier and more effective than a cup of tea or coffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment