Wednesday 18 June 2014

Shellac Gel Nails

Zee here...

I've been wanting to get a gel manicure for ages and I got given a gift card for The Reef Boutique in Maidstone which was perfect! The Shellac gel manicure was supposed to cost £30.00 but as I already had a £25.00 gift card it only cost me £5.00!

From my research I had found out that Shellac polishes are a hybrid of gel polish and normal polish which means they have all the benefits of the gel manicure but are better for your nails. The Reef was lovely, the staff were friendly and chatty which made you relaxed, making the time fly! The picture below shows my beautifully manicured nails, the Shellac shade that I chose was Decadence which is a dark maroon/red. I was very impressed with the finish, the coat was put on perfectly and the best thing was that they were completely dry because the UV lamp cures them. It was such a strange feeling to have freshly painted nails that were dry but it's something I would love to have constantly! 


The best thing about the Shellac manicure? I have it on for 3 whole weeks and I didn't get a single chip! The only reason I took the polish off was simply because of the regrowth, other than that the nails looked as good as they did when I left the saloon!

No comments:

Post a Comment