Monday 16 June 2014

Homemade Chicken & Chorizo Paella

Zee here...



Today I made a yummy chicken and chorizo paella from scratch! I absolutely love Spanish food however I'm not a fan of fish so cooking a paella with chicken and chorizo was perfect for me! I think this may be my favourite dish I've cooked so far and is perfect for impressing any dinner guests.

This dish was really simple and easy to make, the prep was took up the most effort! I loosely followed the recipe on the BBC Good Food website which has a great range of easy dishes.







What you need (serves 3):
110g of sliced, peeled chorizo
1 brown onion chopped up
10 cherry tomatoes chopped into quarters 
100g sweetcorn - you can add any veg you like (peas, peppers, mushrooms etc)
600ml chicken stock
1 tsp of ground turmeric
250g of chopped chicken breasts
225g of long grain white rice
A sprinkle of mixed herbs

How to cook it:

  • First brown the chicken all over, then add in the onion, garlic and turmeric - cook like this for around 2 minutes. 
  • Next add the chorizo, rice and chicken stock. Bring this to the boil and season with salt and pepper then cover and cook on a medium heat for around 15-20 minutes.
  • Add the chopped tomatoes and sweetcorn then cook for another 10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the stock. Then you are ready to serve!



Check out the recipe on BBC Good Food 






No comments:

Post a Comment